The Contributors

The Contributors

Tuesday 8 November 2011

As easy as A, B, C!

I am sure everyone remembered group 5 microteaching, where the whole class made roti jala (also known as net crepe) and most failed terribly doing that dish!

It was mainly also because we had poor control of the mould thus it doesnt form a very nice net-like structure. Well, guess what, I found something online and I really think it is really good for us beginners who are trying to make roti jala! I found the roti raja mould and immediately bought it online! 
It is like a mayonnaise bottle but the only difference is that the cap of the bottle has 3 spikes on it!

Since on sunday was Hari Raya Haji for us muslims, I took the opportunity cook it at my grandmother house and it was definitely a breeze and successful attempt using this bottle! The plus point was that there was minimal cleaning to be done and it took a very short time to make the roti jala! Technology is now very advanced! So, who says the not-so-pro cant make roti jala? Now we can!

As I researched, apparently this roti jala mould has been a hit in US since 2009! Looked through youtube videos and i found someone recording using this mould.


This person is very creative and modify the structure of roti jala, I am sure we can still stick to our 'swirling' technique when using this mould! So perhaps my fellow classmates can buy this and put it to good use :)

No comments:

Post a Comment