The Contributors

The Contributors

Thursday 25 August 2011

Textile Issues & Consumer Review


A)   Clothings and textiles issues
During my younger days, whenever I went over to my aunt place, I always see her knitting using the needles and yarns.  And I would always wonder what would the end product be. ‘Cardigan.’ She would say. Fast forward to few years later, I saw MANGO was selling something similar to what my aunt has been doing. It was a knitted cardigan! I simply love how it keeps we warm when it was a rainy day.
Never did I know that knitted clothing’s are to be necessary taken care of. They are constructed with a chain of loops that if produced from a single thread by means of hook. These interlocking loops permit the fabric to stretch in any direction. With that, I simply placed the cardigan in the washing machine  and simply wrung it and hang it dry in the sun. It was a totally a big mistake because after that, my knitted cardigan expanded in size!  Since then, I began to take extra care in washing my knitted clothing’s.


reference :http://www.zebraclub.de/rutme-clothing/cabella-knit-cardigan-mango-8910214-bunte-strickjacke.htm


Write a consumer review for an online shop for clothes and accessories. You may wish to refer to samples of similar consumer reviews / ratings online and plan your review.



The online shop that I am going to showcase is http://www.shinnpark.com .  I once bought their clothes as a gift for a friend of mine. She was in love with the quality of the clothes despite the affordable price! Eversince then, my friend have been buying clothes from that blogshop as what she would always quote, “ what you see in the net, is really what you get.’
I also tried buying their accessories which is the lotus bangle. I simply love the service they gave which gave me the details of the bangles, such as the circumference size, and even fashion tips on what clothes to match it with!  In all, I would say that this online shop is a reliable one as it is registered and they provide excellent tip-top service!

Discuss how this website can be used for teaching C & T lessons
The good thing about this website is that for apparels, they showcase different fabric materials from chiffon, knitted cardigan, polyester and even cotton lycra! Besides the materials, the designs and patterns come in different form. This is definitely a good website to be incorporated into lessons.
Teachers are able to show students how a certain fabric and design/pattern are suitable for a certain groups of people and allow the students to see how a certain kind of fabric would look like in the end product. (eg : flowy, stiff, )

Besides that, it was such a breeze to navigate into their new collections! One main thing I like was that if we were to view their online clothes, at the end of the entry, there is this ‘ what you might also like’ entries included! We would be able to have a variety of clothes to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment